INVASIVESNET is committed to supporting all interested parties in our global community who study and manage invasive alien species (IAS).
In 2022, we provide all members of INVASIVESNET with the opportunity to apply for a small grant to fund a project related to one of the themes below.
In offering this funding, INVASIVESNET is seeking to promote and facilitate the development and delivery of open knowledge and data on biological invasions and IAS to all stakeholders globally.
1. Innovative ways of communicating invasive species science
2. Develop transferable skills for IAS communication including: social media trainings, media skills trainings, storytelling training, mobile video training
3. Innovative ways to engage practitioners and stakeholders
4. Improving fundraising and donation to support IAS science and management
You can apply for a maximum of 2000 Euros. In total 5000 Euros is available for funding projects.
Applications can be sent to Frances Lucy (email@example.com
) and Laura Garzoli (firstname.lastname@example.org
) and should include:
● Description of activities covered by the grant (1-2 pages) including links to one or more of the four themes, expenditures and expected outcomes.
● CV including a web link to INVASIVESNET profile of the applicant (max. one for each proposal).
● Eligible costs include for example participation in webinars and/or in-person/online courses.
● Delivery date? e.g. funded project must be completed by the end of 2022.
● Visual/graphical communication material to be broadcasted by INVASIVESNET association social media channels are mandatory as deliverables.
Deadline for applications is 30 March 2022.
NB: We do not accept proposals for activities already funded by research grants or other sources. Applications for Article Processing Charges (APC) are excluded from competition.